The reason behind the development of micro-organisms in the ion exchange resin beds is the mixture of nutrients i.e. organic compounds and adequate temperature. To avoid such microbial contamination of the resin, regular disinfection should be done because this contamination has a negative effect on process operations.
http://wdkdesign.com/interior-design/ METHOD OF APPLICATION
Following ion exchange disinfection program* for resin with Chloramine-T is suggested:
1. To remove the impurities of resin, backwash it with the water, then drain the water. Disinfect Ion exchange resin: fill the column with 250ppm Chloramine-T solution and leave it for 10 hrs.
2. Then drain the solution. Chloramine-T residual should be present in the solution. If not, then repeat the disinfecting step.
3. Fill it with water and backwash it for 30 minutes. Measure the Chloramine-T residual level to control the rinsing efficacy in rinse-water.
(*) this procedure is valid for cationic resin types.
There are a number of chemical pollutants and organisms found in water which can cause human diseases. Organisms like virus, bacteria, protozoa and some other parasites, leeches and guinea worm larvae. Therefore, the purification and treatment of drinking water began since the end of 19th Century and starting of 20th Century with the use of chlorine.
Nowadays, the states which are member of EU, use a variety of compounds for disinfecting the drinking water like chlorine dioxide, chloramines, ozone and chlorine.
Chloramine-T has organic release compounds has made its widespread use in the disinfection of surfaces. In municipal water systems, chloramine is usually used in low concentration as an alternative disinfectant to chlorination.
Chlorine is being replaced by chloramine as it is more stable and does not deplete from the water till it reaches the consumers.
where can i buy Finax in bangalore Benefits of Chloramines
Benefits of using chloramines then using chlorine for disinfection of water:
1. Lesser disinfection by products are produced by chloramines.
2. Chloramines remain active for a long period of time as compared to chlorine.
3. Chloramines do not smell same as ‘chlorine’. It makes the smell and taste of the water better than chlorine disinfection.
Water disinfected by Chloramine-T is safe and does not pose any health threat. The water treated with Chloramine-T is safe to be used for drinking, washing and bathing.